On this page:
Neighbours helping neighbours
A site for residents of Southampton to connect, discuss and share their energy saving retrofit experiences, whether with fitters, installers, suppliers or DIY.
We aim to show how you can not only help the environment and the future of the planet in these critical times, but also how to save money and make your home comfortable. If you are new to the site please look at the overview
Renewable energy for older houses
We aim to help by providing a platform so that residents can advise each other on:
- Installing modern energy and heat generation in your property, e.g. solar panel, heat pumps etc.
- Increasing the efficiency of your property to minimise wasting energy and heat, e.g. insulation, double glazing and draft exclusion.
We will provide people with advice on monitoring their energy use before and after a retrofit to clearly demonstrate the differences.
What makes us unique?
- We aren’t just another energy saving site. Our primary aim is community oriented. We aim to put residents of Southampton in touch with each other so they can discuss and share their experiences, whether with fitters, installers or DIY.
- We aim to be able to lend monitoring equipment and thermal imaging cameras to help residents assess their energy use and saving.
What else do we do?
- We can provide impartial information on how to adapt your house to make efficient use of energy from renewable, green and sustainable sources.
- Show how you can not only help the environment and the future of the planet in these critical times, but also how to save money and make your home comfortable.
- Provide all this information and insight free of charge.
What we don’t do:
We are not a company aiming to sell you anything. Although a big part of the site is based around local residents talking about their experiences with installers, DIY, equipment, materials etc, it is not a review site.
This means we neither have recommendations of local installers/contractors nor do we want naming and shaming of perceived bad work. As we do allow personal feedback here, it would be very easy for the site to be abused by contractors etc. in the same way that Amazon reviews have been abused in the past.