On this page:
Neighbours helping neighbours
- Residents will be able to connect in person, by phone or email. They can discuss and learn from each other rather than purely from retailers or installers who may not be impartial.
- We do this by providing an online platform with a database of residents: those who are able to share their experiences and those who have questions to ask about fitters, installers, suppliers or DIY.
- We have case studies of real projects undertaken by residents.
- Our team of volunteers can provide information on how to adapt your house to be energy efficient and to make use of energy from renewable, green and sustainable sources.
- Residents can contact us directly and get advice on their specific needs and situation.
- In some cases we can offer informal consultations and home surveys. We aim to be able to lend monitoring equipment and thermal imaging cameras to help residents assess their energy use and saving.
- We will do this by organising workshops and lectures.
- Learn how you can not only help the environment and the future of the planet in these critical times, but also how to save money and make your home comfortable.
We aim to show how you can not only help the environment and the future of the planet in these critical times, but also how to save money and make your home comfortable and, in some cases, more valuable.
Retrofit for older houses
Older houses present some very specific problems when attempting energy efficient retrofitting as they weren’t originally designed for modern materials & techniques. For example, see Breathable Houses.
Find out moreCase studies
Retrofit Case Studies